In a world focused on fast-moving and portable technology, it is easy to feel like having a landline in your home is simply archaic. However, landlines provide a number of different benefits that mobile phones can’t. Keep reading to see why, even though they may seem old fashioned, having a home phone is crucial.
Why Do I Need a Landline?
- Safety: In an emergency, your landline identifies your exact location, so emergency personnel know immediately where to respond.
- Safety again, because it's that important: If you have young children in your home who are not old enough for their own mobile phone, a corded landline phone ensures that they know exactly where to find a working phone in the event that they need to make an emergency call.
- Reliability: SkyLine/SkyBest has built redundancy into its network to provide you with more reliable service. This redundancy plan makes allowances to protect against unforeseen service interruptions such as lightning storms and power outages.
- Quality: Landline phone service offers the highest quality voice transmissions.
- Directory Assistance Listings: Your number will also be automatically included in directory assistance listings.
A landline provides consistency and reliability that you just can’t find with a cell phone. Interested in adding voice service to your home? Call 1-800-759-2226 or go to www.skybest.com to check out our bundle options. Afterwards, make sure to read our blog on whether you need a corded or cordless phone for your home.