Call Before You Dig
The 811 Process Simplified:
Between 3 and 10 days before you dig, notify your local One Call Center by calling 811 or making an online request.
Visit the NC One Call Center or the TN One Call Center for state-specific requirements or to submit your request online.
You'll give the operator your contact information, where you plan to dig and what type of work you will be doing. This conversation will last only a few minutes.
- Utility companies, like SkyLine/SkyBest, with potential facilities in the area of your dig site will be notified about your intent to dig.
- Each affected utility company will send a locator to mark the approximate location of your underground utility lines. This typically occurs within 2-3 working days.
- Wait the required amount of time for affected utility operators to respond to your request. Your state requirements are also listed at the links above for the NC One Call Center and the TN One Call Center.
- Confirm that all affected utility operators have responded to your request and marked underground utilities.
- Respect the marks.
- Dig around the marks with care.
For complete details, call 811 or visit www.Call811.com.