How to troubleshoot a slow internet connection
Go to www.skybestsupport.net and run a speed test to ensure that the speed you're getting is lower than normal.
- Reboot your computer.
- Run any updates needed on your operating system.
- Open your antivirus software, update that software and run a full scan.
- In your browser — delete cookies, temporary files, and clear cache.
If you ran a speed test and the speed seems to be low:
- Fiber Internet Customers: Connect your computer to the router with an Ethernet cable. Make sure you're not connected via Wi-Fi.
- Non-Fiber Internet Customers: Connect your computer to the modem with an Ethernet cable. Make sure you're not connected via Wi-Fi.
- Turn off and disconnect all other devices that access the internet like other computers, gaming systems, streaming devices, etc.
- Run the speed test again.
If the speed is much higher than before, there could be a problem with Wi-Fi interference, too many devices pulling bandwidth or the modem/router could be malfunctioning. If the speed is much lower, please call SkyLine/SkyBest Repair Services at 1-877-475-9546.
SkyBest does not support customer-owned routers.