My 95 year old grandmother once referred to her neighbor in the nursing home as the "old woman who lives two doors down." It goes to show that no one likes to perceive themselves as old. By the same token, it is often difficult for adult children to recognize when an aging parent is ready for assistance, such as medical alert.
Here are five questions to help you determine if Medical Alert, frequently called Life Alert, would benefit your parent today:
- Does my parent live alone or stay alone for extended periods?
- Would my parent benefit from being able to call me directly with one touch of a button instead of dialing a phone number?
- Is my parent active and have the potential to fall when no one is home?
- Does my parent have health issues that might require immediate medical care?
- Would I feel more comfortable knowing each day that if my parent were to fall and not respond that emergency care could be contacted right away to assist them?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, we encourage you to call SkyLine/SkyBest at 1-800-759-2226 or visit one of our customer service centers conveniently located in West Jefferson, Sparta, Banner Elk and Boone to sign up for Medical Alert today.