Selective Call Forwarding
Monthly Price: $2.50
Selective Call Forwarding allows you to create a list of phone numbers that are to be forwarded when they call you. When you activate this service, and a call arrives from a phone number that is on your list, the call is forwarded.
All other calls will ring your phone in the normal fashion. If you forward calls to an out of area telephone number where a long-distance charge applies, you will be billed the charges.
How to Use
- Pick up the handset and listen for the dial tone.
- Press *63. On a rotary phone, dial 1163.
- Listen for an announcement telling you whether the feature is currently on or off.
- The recorded voice will then tell you how many (if any) numbers are currently stored on your forward list.
- Follow the voice instructions and press 3 to turn the feature ON (if it is currently off), or turn the feature OFF (if it is currently on).
To Add The Last Caller To Your Forward List
Press #01#. On a rotary phone, dial 1201.
To Enter Your "Forward-To:" Number
The first time your turn on the feature, you'll be asked to enter the number you'd like your special calls forwarded to. From then on, the system will simply remind you of the current "forward-to" number.
If the current number is correct, press 1. If you wish to change the current "forward-to" number, press 0 and then follow the voice instructions.
To Hear The Phone Numbers On Your List
- Press 1. On a rotary phone, dial 1.
- After the list is read, voice instructions will follow.
To Add A Number To Your List
- Press #. On a rotary phone, dial 12.
- Follow the voice instructions you'll hear.
- You can store up to 16 phone numbers on your forward list.
To Remove A Number From Your List
- Press *. On a rotary phone, dial 11.
- Follow the voice instructions to remove any or all of those numbers from your forward list.
To Hear Instructions Again
Press 0. On a rotary phone, dial 0.
You may press "1, 0, #, or * " (or on a rotary phone, dial 1, 0, 12 or 11) at any time rather than waiting for the voice instructions.
The list you create here is separate from any other lists you may be using for Distinctive Ringing, Selective Call Acceptance, Selective Call Rejection and similar features.
This feature can work with Call Forwarding (all calls). Numbers on your selective list will follow you to your Selective Call Forwarding number. All other calls you receive will be routed to your regular Call Forwarding number.