Call Waiting/Cancel Call Waiting
Monthly Price: $2.50
Call Waiting allows you to receive a second call when you're on the phone with someone else. If someone tries to call you when you are using your telephone you will hear a short tone. The party calling will hear the usual ringing signal.
How to Use
- A beep tone tells you another call is waiting. Only you hear this tone. Another reminder tone will be heard 10 seconds later if the waiting call remains unanswered. The second caller hears only the normal ringing tone.
- To answer the second call, depress the switchhook for about one second to place your first call on hold.
- You will automatically be connected to the second caller.
To Alternate Between Calls
- Depress the switchhook for about one second to alternate between calls.
- Each conversation is private and cannot be heard by the other caller.
Cancel Call Waiting
Turns off feature on a per-call use, and allows uninterrupted use while on the Internet or with facsimile machines.
How to Use Cancel Call Waiting
- Before placing a call, pick up the handset and listen for a dial tone.
- Press 70#. On a rotary phone, dial 70
- Dial the number you want to call.
How to Use Cancel Call Waiting While on a Call*
- Depress the switchhook for about one second to place your call on hold.
- Listen for special dial tone and press 70#. On a rotary phone, dial 70.
- A special beep will sound. Depress the switchhook for about one second to return to call.
*Requires Three-Way Calling Feature