Alarm Testing Procedures
Alarm Testing Procedures
- Place your system in test by:
- Calling the Monitoring Station (Security Central) at 1-800-438-4171.
- Give them your NAME and PASSWORD (your password is located on your monitoring service agreement contract inside your SkyBest folder).
- Tell the monitoring Station service representative that you would like to place your system in test mode.
- Walk to your keypad after making sure that all of your windows and doors are closed.
- Arm your system in the AWAY MODE. Allow the system to set itself. This usually takes 45-120 seconds.
- Stand still while the system is setting itself in AWAY MODE as to not set off any motion detectors in the immediate area. This could take up to 3 minutes due to the motion detectors going into a sleep mode once it sees activity to preserve battery life.
- After your system is set in AWAY MODE, walk throughout your home to trip each device on your system (example: opening your doors, walking in front of motions, opening windows, setting off smoke alarms, using the panic button on your key fob, etc.). Please leave all doors and windows that you opened in the open position until you are done testing.
- Your siren should sound indicating that the alarm panel has received signals from the various devices you are testing. The alarm panel will also be dialing the Monitoring Station to send alarm signals to them.
- Once you are done tripping the devices, walk to your keypad and observe the screen display. Your zone numbers (your zones are detailed on your Security Monitoring Service Agreement located in your SkyBest folder) should sequence through on your display. The display should show the devices you tripped by zone number.
- When all of the zones you tripped are displayed, enter your Master Code (usually a four digit number you provide to SkyBest Security) and then press the OFF button.
- Enter your Master Code and press the OFF button for a second time to reset your system from its' alarmed state.
- Call the Monitoring Station back (1-800-438-4171) and give them your NAME and PASSWORD.
- Ask the Monitoring Station to verify your test signals.
- If any zones were not reported, repeat the procedure and trip only the unreported zones.
- After all of your zones have been tested and verified, tell the Monitoring Station that you are finished testing and you would like to place your account back on line.
NOTE: You will need to put your system in test mode to change batteries in devices that have a tamper switch. Please contact SkyBest Security at 1-800-759-2226 with any questions.
Monitoring Station Information
Contact number for Security Central: 1-800-438-4171
Contact Security Central for the following reasons:
- To set your system to Test Mode.
- To alert them when changing your device batteries.
- To notify them when you are going out of town. Do this so if they receive an alarm signal they will contact the authorities or the next person on your call list first instead of calling your home first. You can review the call sequence on the monitoring agreement in your folder.
- To notify them when back from your extended stay so they can go back to their normal contact procedures when an alarm signal is received.
For emergency services, always dial 911. If you need to contact the local authorities for non-emergency situations (i.e., to report a false alarm), use the following numbers for your area of residency:
- Alleghany County (326) 372-4455
- Ashe County (336) 846-5600
- Avery County (828) 733-5855
- Watauga County (828) 264-3761
- Town of Boone (828) 268-6900
- Town of Beech Mountain (828) 387-4236
- Town of Seven Devils (828) 963-5343
- Town of Banner Elk (828) 898-5398