Residential Price: $2.50
Business Price: $3.50
Distinctive Ringing allows you to program your telephone line with a special ringing pattern whenever you are called from a select list of up to 16 phone numbers.
Your phone will ring with a normal ringing pattern for all other calling numbers. If you also have Call Waiting, you will hear a distinctive Call Waiting tone whenever someone on your list calls you while you are on the phone.
How to Use:
- Pick up your handset and listen for dial tone.
- Dial *61. On a rotary phone, dial 1161.
- Listen for a confirmation message as to whether or not the feature is activated. A recorded message will inform you of how many numbers are currently stored in your list.
- Follow instructions and press 3 to turn the feature on or turn it off.
To Add Caller to List:
- Press #. On a rotary phone, dial 12. Follow instructions. Up to 16 numbers can be added to your Distinctive Ringing List.
To Add Last Caller to List:
- Dial # 01 #. On a rotary phone, dial 1201.
To Remove Caller from List:
- Press *. On a rotary phone, dial 11.
- Follow instructions to remove any or all numbers from your list.
To Hear Numbers on your List:
- Press 1. After the list is read, voice instructions will follow.
This is separate from lists used for other Selective Calling Features.